Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Motivation!

All I can say is "Wow" after seeing Handmade Nation this past weekend! It was so thrilling to see hundreds of people turn out for the screening of this documentary and many of them stopped by our Etsy Houston table to make our Valentine's Day paper craft too. Yay! I just LOVED how the beginning of the film showed a bunch of people schlepping all of their boxes and containers from their apartments to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago, IL. Just like all of us! It was so interesting to see the workshops of many of the artists and most of their interview responses were pretty funny- it was a fantastic night! In case you missed the screening, both the book and the DVD are available for purchase at BUYOLYMPIA.COM

After being so motivated, I thought I would include a sneak peek of some of the Year of the Rabbit pieces I am currently working on. I've become rather fascinated with the signs/critters of the Chinese Zodiac... More photos to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment