Friday, May 6, 2011

Meet Artist and Designer Mari Inukai!

Sorry everyone- I know it's been a whole week since my last post... I'm almost finished with my piece for the Cast in Plastic show on 14 May 2011, and I'll post some photos soon! Here's a hint: he's "half-man, half-bear and half-pig..."

Now on to the super-exciting news!

Mari Inukai, artist and designer, will be at GR2 (Giant Robot Store #2) this Saturday, 7 May 2011 from 2-4 pm (PST) for the release of and to sign her new Sekaiseifukudan vinyl figures. We first heard about these awesome critters this past January, and I've been anxiously awaiting for this day to arrive- if only I lived in California!

"Sekaiseifukudan" translates literally from Japanese as "world conquer team," and features seven characters who work together to conquer the world through love. How adorable is that? Produced by Inner Sanctum, their outside is composed of a hard vinyl, which contains a polysynthetic inside that enables Mari to add tiny extras (like their little hearts) before it hardens. These adorable conquerors stand at about 6" tall and come complete with their own display bases. Which one is your favorite? I think mine is #7-Usagiman...

If you are in Los Angeles, stop by GR2 tomorrow afternoon:

GR2
2062 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
gr2.net
(310) 445-9276

If you can't make it, there are some up for pre-order in the Giant Robot webstore, and you can request them to be signed as well.



Photo credits: Mari Inukai and Giant Robot

No comments:

Post a Comment