Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Santa Fe Railyard

Happy September everyone!

It would seem that I've missed August somehow... It was over 100 degrees for more than 30 days here in Houston, and I believe it contributed to a sort of "mind-melt" for all of us...

Now that the weather has cooled off a bit, there are horrible wildfires burning throughout Texas. The critters and I are worried about the people who live in these areas, including some of our friends who've had to evacuate! If you would like to help, this article from the San Antonio Examiner.com has some great suggestions: http://www.examiner.com/weather-in-san-antonio/texas-wildfires-how-to-help-and-raise-money-for-fire-victims

The fires have been partially contained, and I just hope the situation there will improve very soon. Now that I've made a small plea for help, I will continue onward with Part II of my Santa Fe trip...

The Santa Fe Railyard District is a fairly new area in the city where one can shop, eat and view even more fantastic art. I've never been there before, since no one can usually tear me away from Canyon Road... But it was time to expand my horizons!

We had a delicious lunch at Pranzo Italian Grill, and then went wandering around the Sanbusco Market area.


A cool graffiti train- pretty unexpected for this locale:






How'd they get that big truck up there?








As always, an Uglydoll came along for the excursion, and Babo's Bird had a great time posing with the beautiful flowers:






A fantastic looking place, but probably not the best name for a hair salon...






This was the coolest pen ever! It came with it's own fancy, schmancy haunted house "box" and cost about $5000 according to the nice person working in the shop. Don't let that scare you away from Santa Fe Pens though... they had lots of awesome affordable options as well.






Babo's Bird continued to enjoy the pretty flowers...






No car trip is ever complete without one of my lovely "car photos" of the New Mexico sky:

No comments:

Post a Comment