Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sneak Peek...

I know I've been pretty quiet about my upcoming projects lately, but I thought I'd give you all a little sneak peek of my custom qee for the So So Happy/Toy2R USA project. This collaboration has been a "top secret" project so far, but since others have started sharing a little, I thought I would too...

I was sent a blank Toy2R Qee Dog from So So Happy. My mission was to create a custom toy based on the So So Happy critters, but by using my own style. Other factors to keep in mind- our custom critters would be going on tour, so no heaving sculpting, and... our pieces could possibly be chosen to be made into production toys, so we probably shouldn't use a gazillion different colors.



Coincidentally, I actually became familiar with So So Happy about 10 days before I was asked to work on this project. While visiting my parentals in New Mexico, I ended up buying a really cute t-shirt at Hastings:


I usually make my pilgrimage over there during each visit, since they typically have a nice selection of vinyl toys, t-shirts, etc. And candy! This adorable critter's name is actually Taco, and she is part of the Luckees clan.


I have since completely fallen in love with So So Happy! There is definitely a critter for everyone to love (probably at least a few), and their background stories are hilarious! And of course this is a perfect fit since it's pretty obvious that I like to use lots of color...

After much deliberation and consultation, I've chosen to make my own canine version of Gertie, from the Quazees.


I should be finished within the next few days- here is a secret photo of my work so far...



Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment